Report your claim flood claim

Call 800-759-8656 to report your claim.

An adjuster should contact you within a few days of filing your claim. If you do not hear from an adjuster, call us and we can help. Make sure you have the following handy:

  • Name of your insurance company
  • Your policy number
  • Telephone and/or email address where you can be reached at anytime.

Assess Your Damage

Separate damaged from undamaged property.  Your adjuster will need evidence of the damage to your home and possessions to prepare your estimate.

  • Take photos of all damaged property, including discarded objects, structural damage and standing floodwater levels.
  • Make a list of damaged or lost items and include their date of purchase, value and receipts if possible
  • Officials may require disposal of damaged items so, if possible, place flooded items outside of home.

Claim Follow-up

Your adjuster will provide you a Proof of Loss form for your official claim damages. You'll need to file this claim with the insurance company within 60 days of the flood. This document substantiates the insurance claim and is required before the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) can make payment.

You'll receive your claim payment after you and the insurer agree on the amount of damages and the insurer has your complete, accurate and signed Proof of Loss form. If major catastrophic flooding occurs, it may take longer to process claims and make payments because of the sheer number of claims submitted.